How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lansing smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete control of your Lansing home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lansing do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the functions you can carry out:
- Check live or recorded video from your linked cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lansing by setting schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The main screen will display a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lansing
Although various users can be entered when you first get your system, you may want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, tap phone or email and submit the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lansing security system. Contact (517) 760-8950 to get started.